Nationally Ranked SDSU Women's Tennis Team Travels to No. 50 Pepperdine
March 17, 2010
SAN DIEGO -
MATCH WEEK RESET
AZTEC STORY LINES
- On Wednesday, Roxanne Ellison was named Mountain West Conference Player of the Week. The sophomore finished the week with a 2-0 singles record and a 1-1 mark in doubles. The award is the first of her career.
- San Diego State is coming off of a two-match winning streak where they took down two West Coast Conference foes, Loyola Marymount and #48 Saint Mary's.
- The Aztecs beat #48 Saint Mary's in come from behind fashion, turning a 3-0 early deficit into a 4-3 win. The victory came down to a 6-2, 1-6, 7-6(5) decision from Roxanne Ellison.
- Saturday's tilt against Pepperdine marks the last match before San Diego State begins conference action. The contest against the Waves also starts a month long stint away from the Aztec Tennis Center. The Aztecs won't play again at home until April 15, against Colorado State.
- After the matchup against Pepperdine, SDSU will leave California to play five straight conference foes away from home.
- The San Diego State and Pepperdine women's tennis teams have a long history against each other. The Aztecs have played the Waves a total of 43 times, more than any other team in the history of the program. Pepperdine owns a 24-19 advantage over SDSU and has won five of the last six, but the Aztecs beat the Waves in 2009, 4-3.