Women's Soccer Ready for Air Force, Wyoming This Week
Oct. 8, 2013
SAN DIEGO -
San Diego State (5-5-2; 3-0 MW) at Air Force (2-6-1; 1-0 MW)
Friday, Oct. 11 | 5 p.m. MT | Cadet Soccer Stadium | USAFA, Colo.
San Diego State (5-5-2; 3-0 MW) at Wyoming (4-8-1; 1-2 MW)
Aztec Story Lines
- SDSU, which blanked Colorado State on Friday in its only game of the week, is at .500 for the first time since the end of August. After enduring one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the nation, the Aztecs have rebounded by winning four of their last five, with the only misstep being to No. 16 Portland.
- San Diego State has shutout its last two opponents by a combined score of 5-0 and have not allowed a goal in its last 229 minutes, 29 seconds. In its last five games, SDSU has posted three shutouts.
- The Aztecs have continued their dominance over the Mountain West this season, allowing just one goal in three games. At 3-0 vs. MW schools, San Diego State has now won 13 straight regular-season conference games and 12 in a row vs. league competition (regular season and tournament).
- With the win over the Rams, San Diego State improved to 15-1-1 in its last 17 regular-season home games and 14-0-1 in its last 15 regular-season home games vs. unranked foes.
- As a result of the Colorado State win, the Aztecs won their 10th straight at home vs. MW teams (all games) and their eighth consecutive regular-season home victory vs. league members.
- SDSU is unbeaten through three conference games for the second consecutive year. Last season, the Aztecs went a perfect 7-0 in league play.
- San Diego State finds itself with three Mountain West wins in three tries thanks to a balanced effort vs. Colorado State. For the first time this season, three different Aztecs scored a goal. Sophie Metz posted her first of the year in the third minute, Hannah Keane continued her hot streak with a goal in the 19th, and Jensen Skinner knocked in her second of 2013 in the 32nd minute.
- Keane set a single-season career high with her MW-leading eighth goal of the year in the game vs. the Rams. The junior now has seven goals in her last five outings, and with her assist on the Metz goal, Keane has 19 points, which is two shy of tying a personal record.
- Skinner finished the CSU game with a goal and an assist on Keane's goal. Her performance was her second as an Aztec with three or more points and first since Sept. 21, 2012. On that day, Skinner earned four points after scoring twice vs. UC Irvine.
- Haley Locker took over the team lead in assists with her helper on the Metz goal. The assist gave her four on the season, which ranks second in the league, and puts her two short of tying her career high, which was set in 2012. The junior has three asissts in her last three games.
- Morgan Darling, who has been instant energy off the bench in recent weeks, earned her first point of her career after she was credited with the assist on Skinner's goal vs. CSU. Darling has been a solid contributor, averaging 42.6 minutes in her last five games.
- SDSU's offense looks to be coming around as it has scored 11 goals in its last five games (2.2 gpg). Prior to this run where the Aztecs have gone 4-1, they averaged just 0.57 goals through the first seven games of 2013, and posted a record of 1-4-2 during that span. San Diego State has scored multiple goals in three straight contests, which is a season-long streak.
- For the first time in 2013, a goalkeeper not named Melanie Vaughn saw action. Sophia Trujillo replaced Vaughn after halftime and equaled Vaughn's effort as both blanked the Rams. Trujillo made her first career save in 45 minutes of action.