Oct. 26, 2012
SAN DIEGO -
The San Diego State crew team begins its 2012-13 season on Sunday, Oct. 28, as it competes in the Row for the Cure at North Ski Beach on Mission Bay. The event will raise money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and will start at 7:40 a.m.
Established in 2002, the Row for the Cure event raises money from entry fees, donations and raffle tickets, with all proceeds going directly to Komen for the Cure and the fight against breast cancer. Of the funds raised, 75% are directed toward the San Diego community to support uninsured and underinsured women with breast cancer diagnosis, treatment and services. The remaining 25% goes directly to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Award and Research Grant Programs.
Also competing on Sunday are UC San Diego, University of San Diego, Orange Coast College and UC Irvine.
The best place for spectators to watch the race is from Vacation Island, between the two Ingraham Street bridges on Mission Bay.
Directions to finish line from SDSU:
For more information about the regatta or to make a donation to the Susan G. Komen foundation, visit www.komensandiego.org.