Women's Basketball Continues MWC Homestand Versus BYU Thursday
Jan. 21, 2003
SAN DIEGO -
San Diego State Women's Basketball Continues Conference Homestand
SDSU is coming off a close loss in a defensive battle with UNLV (50-48) Saturday, while Brigham Young claimed both of its MWC games against Colorado State and Wyoming last week.
(rv) Brigham Young Cougars (11-4, 2-0) at
- When & Where: Thursday, Jan. 23, 2003, Cox Arena (12,414), San Diego, Calif., 7:05 p.m. (PST).
- Webcast/TV: Live audio broadcast on www.goaztecs.com, with Bill Earley, Tammy Blackburn and Dan Lawton.
- The Records: SDSU (6-7, 0-1 MWC) continues its Mountain West Conference schedule with the first of two games this week, starting Thursday versus Brigham Young (11-4, 2-0). The Aztecs are coming off a close loss to UNLV (50-48) last Saturday, while BYU is one of two MWC schools with a perfect 2-0 record after sweeping Wyoming (67-59) and Colorado State (71-56).
- In The RPI: In the 11th RPI rankings released by the WBCA through games of January 12, SDSU moved to 252nd, while BYU is No. 55. The Aztecs are No. 251 (College Basketball News) and No. 253 (Collegerpi.com), respectively, in the other major RPIs.
- SDSU Head Coach Jim Tomey: Tomey (Michigan '81) is in his first season at San Diego State, taking over the Aztec helm on April 9, 2002. His career and Aztec head coaching record is 6-7.
- BYU Head Coach Jeff Judkins: Judkins (Utah, 1978) is in his second season with the Cougars. His BYU and career head coaching record is 35-13.
- Series History: BYU leads 14-9 (Last: BYU def. SDSU, 72-56, on March 2, 2002, in San Diego).