The Aztec bench reacts to the team's win over Texas.
March 21, 2010
Box Score |
SDSU Postgame Notes at No. 17/20 Texas
San Diego State (22-10)
* The Aztecs improve to 5-3 in NCAA Tournament first round games and 5-7 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
* SDSU advances to the NCAA second round for the fifth time in school history and the second year in a row.
* SDSU is 2-1 in NCAA games played at an opponent's arena and 2-4 in NCAA contests played away from home.
* SDSU matches its longest win streak of the season at seven games, tying as its longest since the 1996-97 team won 11 in a row.
* SDSU defeats an AP top 25 team for the second time this season (also No. 22 TCU) and logs its fourth top 25-win in the last two years, including a pair over Texas.
* SDSU is 2-1 all-time against Texas, wins its second in a row and first in Austin.
* SDSU is 1-1 all-time in NCAA tournament games against current members of the Big 12.
* SDSU head coach Beth Burns improves to 3-6 all-time in NCAA outings.
* SDSU has led or been tied at the half in each of its five all-time NCAA tournament victories.
*SDSU's 44 first-half points tied as its most in the first half of an NCAA game, matching its 44-point output vs. Hawai'i in 1994.
*SDSU's nine three-pointers are its most ever in an NCAA tournament, beating its previous high of seven on two occasions, including in last year's first round game with DePaul.
*SDSU's 35 free-throw attempts are its most in an NCAA game and are 11 more than her previous season high of 24 (three times).
*SDSU set a season high for free throws made with 21 (prev. 18, twice).
*SDSU shot above 40 percent from the field for the 25th time this season.
*SDSU tied a season high with 48 rebounds.
*Jené Morris notched her second 30-point scoring game in three career NCAA contests. Morris had 35 points to match her career best in the team's NCAA first round win over DePaul a year ago. Morris has five career 30-point scoring games and tallied her 25th career 20-point scoring game and her 11th 20-point scoring game of the season.
*Morris' five three-pointers are the most by an Aztec in an NCAA tournament game, beating the previous high of four by Jodi Nowlin-Tres against Oregon in 1997.
* Morris moved to third in Aztec history in career points scored with 1,459, passing All-American Chana Perry, who had 1,445 from 1988-89.
*Jessika Bradley matched an SDSU tournament best with three blocked shots.
*Allison Duffy reached double-figures in points in her first career NCAA tournament game and for the 11th time this season.