San Diego State-Portland Postgame Notes
Nov. 10, 2007
FRESNO, Calif. -
Final Score: San Diego State 78, Portland 64
* The Aztecs have recorded their second straight 2-0 start in as many years. Last year, San Diego State defeated Murray State and Saint Mary's in its first two games. This season SDSU has beaten Liberty and Portland in its first two contests. This is just the fourth time during the Steve Fisher era that San Diego State has started a season at 2-0.
* San Diego State has started 2-0 in consecutive seasons for the first time since doing it in 1994-95 and 1995-96. SDSU has now started 2-0 in consecutive campaigns only six times at the Division I level (since 1970-71).
* San Diego State has won 17 of its last 21 regular-season non-conference games dating back to the 2005-06 campaign.
* The Aztecs are an impressive 19-12 in their last 31 road/neutral games.
* San Diego State has won 10 consecutive games played during the month of November.
* Kyle Spain tied his career high with 22 points. He also led the team in scoring for the second consecutive game. ... Spain career highs with 10 free throws made and 13 free throw attempted. ... He grabbed a team-high eight rebounds.
* Lorrenzo Wade added a season-high 18 points and shot over 50 percent for the second straight game.
* Tim Shelton set a career high with 12 points and five rebounds. He was also 4 for 4 from the charity stripe.
* Kelvin Davis came off the bench to contribute a career-high 10 points on 4 of 8 shooting. Of his four field goals, two were from behind the arc.
* For the second straight game, the Aztecs had five players score at least eight points.