San Diego State-Utah postgame notes.
Jan. 16, 2008
Final Stats |
SAN DIEGO -
San Diego State-Utah Postgame Notes in PDF Format
Final Score: San Diego State 64, Utah 56 (OT)
Records: San Diego State 13-4; 3-0 MWC; Utah 10-5; 1-1 MWC
RPI Entering the Game: San Diego State 54, Utah 63
Next game: vs. Wyoming, Saturday, Jan. 19, 8 p.m. PST; TV: CSTV; Radio: AM 600 KOGO
* - San Diego State improves to 3-0 in Mountain West Conference play for the first time in school history and the first time in league play since the 1984-85 Western Athletic Conference season.
* - The Aztecs are alone in first place in the Mountain West Conference, one-full game ahead of UNLV, Air Force and TCU.
* - San Diego State rallied from an 11-point deficit to win tonight. It is the second consecutive game in which SDSU has rallied from double-digits to win.
* - At 13-4, San Diego State has matched its best 17-game record in the last 41 seasons.
* - San Diego State has defeated Utah in three consecutive seasons for the first time since 1985, 86 and 87. It matches the longest streak for SDSU in the 62-game history of the series.
* - San Diego State has won nine consecutive home games against Mountain West Conference teams.
* - The Aztecs are 14-1 in their last 15 home games and 32-4 in their last 36 games at Cox Arena.
* - San Diego State is 4-2 this season when trailing at the half.
* - San Diego State improves to 3-0 in Mountain West Conference play. It marks the first 3-0 start to a conference campaign since the 1984-85 team opened the Western Athletic Conference season with three straight wins.
* - SDSU rallied from an 11-point deficit to win the game marking the 10th-largest deficit overcome for a victory in the Fisher era. The 10-point second half comeback is the 7th-largest deficit overcome for a victory during Steve Fisher's tenure at SDSU.
* - The win was the Aztecs' fifth consecutive overtime victory and second this season.
Lorrenzo Wade (20 points, 8 rebounds)
Wade reached double figures for the fifth consecutive game, the 15th time this season and the 37th time in is career... It was Wade's third 20-plus point effort of the season and second in a row. For his career, Wade has four games of more than 20 points and tonight marks the first time he has done it in consecutive games... Wade also led the team in rebounds with Ryan Amoroso. It is just the second time he has led the team in rebounding this season.
Kyle Spain (19 points)
Spain reached double figures for the fourth game in a row... He has connected on at least one three-point field goal in eight straight games in which he has played.
Ryan Amoroso (10 points, 8 rebounds)
Amoroso scored more than 10 points for the first time in the last three games... He has seven double-figure scoring efforts this year... Amoroso led the team in rebounding for the second straight game and sixth time overall.
Billy White (11 points)
White reached double-figures in scoring for the sixth time this season.